I’m going on a rant, and I don’t bloody care what you think. I’m sick of this bs and I want it to stop! (might be some swearing in there)
I’m the weirdo caught in the middle of this crap all the time. Want to know why? Cause I’m different.
Let me explain:
I’m a Christian…. but not the ordinary Christian that might come to mind to all of you.
1. Not homophobic. Some of my best friends are gay or bi. I support LGBT. Sue me. I realize the Bible says differently, but I really don’t care. It’s their choice.
2. Don’t put down other denominations. It’s their choice. We all have skewed histories of which Bible came from where and which one is accurate. You have your beliefs, I have mine. I really don’t care and it doesn’t upset me that you have different ones, just don’t shove yours down my throat and I won’t do the same (actually, I won’t do it either way cause I don’t bloody care!)
3. Don’t put down or have problems with other religions…. *starts to count*at least a DOZEN of my closest friends are pagan (many of which are Wiccan). I don’t have a problem with it. Doesn’t make them any less of friends. I still treat them like family most of them (the ones that are closest to me). They’re not bad people, they’re not doing any harm (hell, their one rule is “HARM NONE!”)…. I read up on Wicca, studied it a bit, and for a while when I was skeptical about God, I almost converted to it. I don’t care if you’re Buddhist, pagan, Hindu Christian, whatever you are, I’m fine with it (so long as you’re not going around killing people for whatever reason and living by decent mores, I don’t have a problem with what you believe in). Would I like the idea of knowing that when they die they go to Heaven (which is what I believe they could do) YEAH! …. But it’s up to them and I fully understand why they would believe differently. It doesn’t make them bad people, they have the same basic principles (yeah, there are differences, but I mean basic human interaction and laws, like don’t kill, don’t cheat, etc).
4. I really don’t care what you wear. Be “modest” yeah, but modesty is all about attitude and how you carry yourself. It isn’t definitively outlined that hems have to be THIS LONG and shirts have to come UP TO HERE!!! If you look back in time near when Teddy Roosevelt was born…. men wore dresses until they were about 7… that was normal. Not to mention blue stood for females and pink for males… so don’t get caught up on what is per gender or modest or whatever. It has to do with your own personal self, attitude, and carriage.
5. I don’t have a denomination per say. I go to a Baptist church, always have, but why are we putting labels on ourselves like that? We’re supposed to be an example for others at how wonderful life as a Christian could be, but we have wars and battle between denominations cause we have them for a label. Catholics are at Baptists necks and Lutherans against Non-Denominational and Pentecostals against Protestant. WHY!? There’s no point to it! Yeah, we have different beliefs. We’re human beings. Each one of us is an absolute individual who even takes each bit of those categories differently. Why battle and wage wars and spill rumors about one another like that when we’re all supposed to be more Christ like? That’s just dividing forces and creating rifts between some wonderful people. If my family had rifts like that and that severely I probably wouldn’t have a house to live in. My grandma is Catholic, mom and I are *technically* Baptist, and other parts of my family are Lutheran. I wouldn’t be dating my boyfriend right now cause he’s Lutheran but he doesn’t necessarily follow all the beliefs and have the same views as them on absolutely everything! I don’t with my “denomination” either!
If you believe in God… then he put us here as an example. Something I’ve noticed in this world is that churches, if you’re not part of the church or you don’t believe in God… then you’re hated and spat upon and looked down on. God loved everyone, even those that persecuted him. He didn’t look down on them or hate them or treat them any less like his children. So why are we pushing away others and taking them out of our families or “families” for either being a part of something else, or even yet….. associating with others who are part of something else.
This just happened to me recently, and it sucks. A Christian friend of mine decided I’m no longer her “sister” cause I have two other “sister”s who are both pagan. … I don’t see why that should make someone uncomfortable. It doesn’t change the person. We’re not MAGICALLY different because of that. I know my other sis is hurt like hell right now cause when the first one found out she was pagan, she decided to leave her too. I absolutely TREASURE the title of calling someone my family because I have a lot of issues with my real one and I’m not always on eye level with them… I RARELY am because I’m such an odd individual. To have someone rebuke and take that back over something as silly as this…. it hurts like hell, and I really don’t want to tolerate someone attacking another person’s religion like that or treating them differently for it.
What would you all do to me if I was wiccan? Call me a witch? Yell at me? Curse me out and disown me? WHY?! We’re all people just trying to make it in this insane horrible cruel world. Why put someone down for having different beliefs or push them further away because of it.
I’m sorry. I know I don’t bring up as strong of topics as religion much, but it honestly needed to be heard, and people needed to know. Argue if you want, I understand that people do it, but if you argue and yell, you will get no answer from me. I’m done.